Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mom update 10/9/08

I am hoping that when my mom goes to the oncologist today that everything is going to check out as it should and she will start her 2nd to last round of chemotherapy. She said she was going to call me after her appointment and let me know what’s going on. She has been feeling so much better since her blood transfusion a couple of weeks ago, I pray it keeps up and we get through this without anymore complications.

Also, this Saturday is our Strides against Breast Cancer walk in Salt Lake City. It’s 4.3 miles around Liberty Park. Our team (Harley’s for Hooters) is going to be there and maybe even bigger than last May. I have my aunt, cousins, siblings, children, nieces, nephews, husband, dad, and friends all involved. You know they all must LOVE my mom to agree to walk outside for a couple of hours in 40 degree rainy weather! Mom is the spokesperson for St. Mark’s Hospital so she will be a keynote speaker right before the walk starts… she will be up on stage with Hope Woodside from Fox13. You may have seen her on the news lately promoting the event.

Here is a new picture I got from my friend Tracy from the wedding… it’s me and my mom before we left for the ceremony. I absolutely love it.

No comments: