Thursday, October 2, 2008

PSS: Character Flaws

Monica asked "What is one personal characteristic you have that you would like to change?"

I have no patience. I am not a patient person and I tend to snap if things aren't done when they should, if things don't happen as they should, etc. If you ask Bryan, he may have a few more to mention... but this would be on the top of his list as well. In fact, we had a discussion about this last night.

For example, we went to dinner last night. Drew ALWAYS has to have some small toy with him to keep him occupied. As we were getting ready to leave, Bryan told Drew to go back in the booth and get the toy he forgot on the table. Drew crawls in, sits in front of the toy, starts playing with the toy. I'm talking loudly (or yelling, who knows?) telling Drew to hurry up. Bryan said, " calm down, he's putting in back together". Another 10 seconds go by... "Drew, hurry up". Bryan again says "Patience... he is working on it." Eventually Drew gets the toy back together, after Bryan told me to be patient about 4x.

I know the whole "Patience is a Virtue" saying... but its not a virtue I posses. I try. I try really hard, but I continually fail. Bryan is a saint when it comes to patience. He doesn't seem to ever get upset by things so trivial as I do... I am hoping that maybe some of that will rub off on me. I need all the help I can get.

No comments: