Thursday, March 12, 2009

A funny Drew story

Yesterday I was reading about how Venus is only going to be viewable from Earth for the next little while then we wont be able to see it again in our lifetime.

I was driving the kids to school this morning and saw the Moon and it reminded me of that story, so I was telling the kids about how it's going to go away out of our view and Ty was asking questions like "does that mean its going to turn into a star like Pluto did?" and things that she learned in her science class.

Drew on the other hand got very quiet and I noticed tears in his eyes. I asked him what's wrong and he said "You told me Jesus was always going to be with us, what do you mean he is going away?". He thought I said JESUS when I said VENUS and was very upset!

I explained to him what I said... about the planet and that I didnt say Jesus. Took the rest of the car ride for him to think it over and said "Good mom, b/c I would be very sad if Jesus went away".

1 comment:

Bellajean And Me said...

he is soo dang cute !!! i love that.