Thursday, March 19, 2009

GP- Bible Study



Last night I went with some gals from church to bible study. I am not a bible study type girl, but said I would go anyhow to see how it was. I think the only time I have been to bible study before was at Family Camp this past summer. It really wasnt my thing. I believe in the bible, but have a hard time reading it. I am open minded and figured I would give it a shot. If I didnt like it, I wouldnt go back again.

We went to the Genesis Project. I had my kids with me so I checked them into the Kid's Kingdom, got my "Carmel Thing" coffee drink, and sat down with my bible.

The pastors sat at the front of the room, said a welcoming prayer, accepted prayer requests and then started talking about self-control. They explained different passages in the bible in a way that made sense to me. I had a good time and walked out with such a great feeling.

The kids had fun with their groups... Drew had no problem going by himself (which is odd, b/c I an now an unofficial Sunday school helper b/c he wont go to Sunday school without me and its been 2 yrs!) and they didnt want to leave when it was time to go. They wanted to make sure that they would be able to come back on Friday b/c they had so much fun.

I think the funniest part of the night is when Drew walked into the coffee shop area and saw a guy with a HUGE blue/green mohawk. Drew has a little mohawk so just stared at this guy in awe. Ty bumps him and says "stop staring" and the guy laughs and says "You think you will grow yours like mine??". Drew said "Are you sure this is church??? I think its crazy hair day instead" LOL!

No comments: