Monday, March 9, 2009

PSS: Then and Now

Heidi asked what are 2 things you could do as a kid that you cant do now as well as what can you do now that you couldn't do as a kid?

As a kid:
*Bungee jump- When I did it, I was scared and the guy had to push me from the platform… but now the thought of even doing it makes me sick and I wouldn’t attempt it.

*Play softball- I started when I was 7 yrs old. I was on all sorts of All-Star teams and whatnot, even played for my cousin’s boys baseball team for a season b/c they didn’t have catcher. I lived and breathed the sport. Then after I broke my leg playing AOL softball back in 1997/1998 it all just went down hill… I got very nervous about playing for fear of getting hurt again and it’s never quite been the same since… but also since then my ex-husband loaned my equipment to his brother and it got lost… then when I replaced it to play a couple years back, I left it at my ex-boyfriend’s and I haven’t seen it since. Not feeling so lucky when it comes to playing anymore, I guess! LOL

As an adult:
I guess I could say drink, smoke, get tattoos, gamble, etc… b/c those all have age limits on them and are things you can’t legally do as a child.

*Drive- I was thinking about this the other day. I was driving my kids somewhere and I was thinking about road trips with my family. It doesn’t seem like it was that long ago that I was in the back of the station wagon… and now I am driving my own children all over the place.

*Stay up as late as I want (which is normally before 10pm), eat whatever I want (which is normally pretty healthy), go to church if I want (which is every weekend). It’s funny. You grow up thinking you are going to make all these big decisions for yourself, yet they end up being very similar to what you did when you were little!

No comments: