Sunday, March 22, 2009

I can't imagine...

On Saturday I got a phone call from my friend to tell me that an old coworker from AOL's daughter had passed away. Her daughter was 8 yrs old.It's so surreal, my daughter had just played with her about a month ago.

I am not close with this family yet I am so upset. I cant imagine what this family is going through.

From what I was told, she was diagnosed with mono on Friday and ended up passing away shortly after her diagnosis. It makes me think back to right after I had Drew and I got so sick... I had mono and it affected my heart, it deteriorated my muscle and there was talk of needing a heart transplant because of it. Makes me wonder if this was something similar. Either way, tonight there is a mother who is heart broken and although I believe that God has a plan for each of us, the death of a child is so hard to accept.

My prayers are with the Hadley family... and events like this make me want to hug my children a little longer. You never know...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lisa,

I know of this site, from a friend of a friend. They do these amazing pictures for people that have kids that have become Angels. Maybe it's something you can do for your friend. Just a thought :)

Unknown said...

oops... forgot the website. It's http://namesinthesand.net/ It's a free service they do through donations.