Sunday, February 22, 2009

Home from the hospital!

The doctor came in Saturday morning and said we could go home once he unwrapped her. He got her all undone and saw there was little drainage and then pulled the drain and all sorts of crap came out. He said "Boy, thats alot more than I was expecting" but thankfully he still let us go home. She would have freaked to be told AGAIN we could go home and have them change their mind.

We got her medicine from the pharmacy and then left about 945am. We got home and just got into my bed and snuggled and took a nap. Man, it was nice to sleep in my own bed and not that vinyl chair from hell!

She is doing pretty well... only asked for her pain meds 1x yesterday. We went to church this morning and are just hanging out around the house. Its hard to keep her down and I dont want her to over do it.

She has anti-saliva medicine to take every 4 hrs and I am concerned about the school not wanting to give her the meds... but I spoke with my boss and she told me to just take care of her, so if I need to work from home this week, I can. I am going to take her to daycare in the morning and then play it by ear.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. Extra big Thank You to Blake for taking care of Drew! I appreciate you!!

1 comment:

Meg said...

YEAH! I'm so glad everything went well. Hope she feels better soon!