Tuesday, February 10, 2009

PSS: Valentine's Day

Kim asked "Have you had a best and/or worst Valentine's Day? Tell us about it/them..."

I really only remember a couple of Valentine's days... all of which were in the past couple of years.

2006- I was dating a guy for about a year, we had talked about getting married, and the week of this Valentine's day, things took a weird turn. That night we broke up. (for the 1st time... the 2nd time was August 2006)

2007- I wasnt really seeing anyone, had "met" someone online that I was talking to alot. I was still kinda bummed that I wasn't with who I thought was "Mr Wonderful"... and to my suprise, I got 2 gifts at work... one was a bouquet of my favorite Gerber Daisies from my BFF, the other was a Vermont Teddy Bear from my "IT Guy". Ironically enough, me and "IT Guy" have never met, but we talk almost daily.

2008- I was seeing 2 guys... both for about 2 months. I had plans with one on Friday and then a late V-Day celebration on Saturday. It was my exhusband's weekend for the kids so I was really looking forward to my dates. Without going into much detail, he decided that week he wasn't going to take his kids but once a month and he didn't want them that weekend. That ticked me off so bad that I called both guys and said "I cant do this... I am done with guys for right now... sorry, but I've got to be a full time parent and be with my kids". One guy freaked out and said I should get a sitter so we can go out... the other said its ok, let me take you all out for Valentine's day. The 2nd guy is who I married last September.

2009- My kids are going to their dad's this weekend (it's his 1x a month... bah!) and Bryan is supposed to be having his mom watch Taylor so we can go out... but he hasn't mentioned it, so I wouldnt be suprised if we don't go do something... but it's ok. I just want to be with him... kids or no kids... both of us hopefully being healthy and just enjoying each other's company.

Happy Love Day everyone... XOXO

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its a good thing you have such an awesome BFF. :)

Mary said...

Good thing you have such an awesome hubby ! taking you all out? how awesome is that?