Monday, February 2, 2009

PSS: Life Choices

Kim E. asked: If you were told you have an incurable disease, and have less than a year to live. Would you take treatment, that would make you sick, but be able tolive more than a year. Or have only the quoted time and be healthy for most it? And.. what would you do with the time?

If I had to make a choice, I think I would take the treatment. I think of what my mom has gone through and I think I would have done the same. I think I would give it a good fight, although realize the ultimate decision is in God’s hands. Although no matter how sick I became… I would always want my family and friends to know how important they are to me.

On the flip side, if I knew there was no treatment and I would feel good enough for a year I'd live it up. I would want to go back to Vegas with all my friends. I would want to go to Hawaii and walk on the beach with my husband. I would want to have one more Moab Mamas weekend. I would want to go to Ireland and see the beauty. I would want to go back to South Bend where I was born and see old friends, the city, light a candle at the grotto at Notre Dame, and visit the cemetery where my family is. I would go back to the Tavernacle in SLC and piano dance and get crazy drunk. I would spend as much time with my kids as possible… writing them letters so they never questioned how much I loved them (Wow… thanks for turning on the tears, Kim!).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally want to be in on that Vegas trip! I just hope it's not anytime soon ;)

Unknown said...

The more the merrier... although me and my friends tend to get rowdy!!!

Yeah, I hope its no time soon either!!!