Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 12 Letter

day 12 — the person you hate most/caused you a lot of pain

To my father, Larry.
I struggle to write this letter b/c I don’t know where to begin... b/c it brings up a range of emotions for me. You have missed out on a lot and the part that hurts is b/c you chose to. When you left us, you ran away… no notice or explanation. You didn’t just leave my mom, you abandoned your children. Every once in a while, you’d pop in and try to play Dad, but it was too little too late. By then, I’d lost respect for you.

The last time I saw you was almost 8 yrs ago in RC Willeys when you didn’t even acknowledge that you had a new grandson. Your granddaughter says “Who’s that?” when she comes across pictures of you. You have a severely autistic grandchild, did you know that? The pain you caused me, doesn’t compare to the pain you caused my brother. He lives with that heartache every day.

I don’t know where you are… I don’t know what you are doing. I just pray that you can find a relationship with Jesus so he can help you with your demons and brokenness. Although I will never forget what I’ve been through, I forgive you b/c I believe in the power of forgiveness b/c I need it to move on with my life.

I wish you well.

No comments: