Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Is Life a Test?

“This life is a test. Ive known that for as long as I can remember. I have to pass the test in order to gain the eternal rewards. Ive know that too.”

I was reading this on someone’s blog today and it just made me sad. This person is hurting… and broken… and is striving to be perfect which is causing so many more issues. I just want to cry for her b/c she doesn’t get it. She doesn’t realize that it’s ok, she isn’t meant to be perfect. That God is going to love her, broken and all.

Getting to Heaven isn’t dependant on what she does on this earth… if she has a relationship with Jesus and makes the decision to have Him as the leader of her life, it’s going to happen. He made it that easy for us by dying for our sins. That’s why I struggle now with religion vs. relationship b/c some of the man made rules aren’t in line with what Jesus wants, according to the bible. It’s not about the acts you perform here or the perfectness you try to have in your life... those aren't the things that get you to Heaven.

I used to feel so down on myself and so depressed b/c I wasn’t living up to what a priest told me I should… I wasn’t comfortable going to confession b/c why did I need to tell a man my sins, when I felt I had resolved them with God already? I would beat myself up about it and have a lot of anxiety about it until I realized that religion was driving me away from God rather than bringing me to him. It’s all about the relationship you have with Him… accepting him as the Lord and Savior of your life, rather than just being a member of a certain church and following the rules that church leader made. I am free to worship my God how I want… be it in shorts and flip-flops, with music blaring, and a coffee in hand…God loves me all the same. I am so thankful for those who have helped me with my walk in Christ b/c my life is a much better place these days.

No comments: