Wednesday, September 8, 2010

day 7 — your ex-boyfriend/girlfriend/love/crush

This letter is to Travis, the boy I met in Hawaii on my Sr Trip.

Travis,
First of all, it’s hard to believe it’s been 14 yrs since we met. I remember looking across the airport in San Francisco and mentioning to my friends what a cute guy you were. Tall, blue eyed, athletic build… I am not 100% sure how we all ended up going to Hard Rock Café together for dinner that first night, but that lead to us spending a lot of time together that trip… We had a lot of fun exploring the island together and being with all our friends. I remember thinking it was the end of the world as our dream vacation came to an end b/c in what I knew in my whole 17 yrs of existence, I felt like I loved you with all my heart and soul. I remember sitting next to you on the airplane ride home, just bawling.

Our relationship continued long distance for a couple of months before you went away to Pepperdine to college after hurting your knee, rather than going to play for the Angels. I enjoyed coming to visit you and meeting your family and going to Lake Tahoe to see you play ball. I followed you online for a while and was so excited when I saw that you played for the Diamond Backs for a bit. I am glad we have been able to reconnect on Facebook a little bit and see pictures of your wife and baby. I am happy for the short time we had together, what a fun little summer fling it was. Take care, Trav!

No comments: