Friday, September 3, 2010

Encouraging Word 9/3/10

Those who know your name trust in you, for you, O Lord, do not abandon those who search for you.
~ Psalm 9:10, NLT



I was thinking lately... about how God is always there. You can't out run him, you can't hide from him, you can't move around the country with out him. He will be with you throughout it all. Any decisions you make, good or bad. The love He has for us is unconditional. He sent His son to die for our sins. You have to know he loves us to do that. I know I for one am not worthy to have someone to that for me, but he did it anyways... due to his love.

I think some people do try to run and hide b/c they are scared... they dont know what to expect by fully giving themselves into a relationship with Him and the unknown can be scary. I personally know that the bad times I have had in my life are the times I tried to move forward without Him... and that's why things ended up the way they did. In those bad times, He didnt abandon me... He was there. I just chose in those times not to seek Him the ways I should have and I had to learn from my mistakes.

This bible verse talks about God never abandoning His people. Which makes me think about being there for those who are in their walk with Christ... even though they may not fully know Him, or for some people may not know Him at all, we shouldn't abandon them, b/c God doesn't... we should help encourage, support, and pray for them.

I vow to work harder at that. Sometimes I get too wrapped up in my own life to see someone who needs the help and I want to be better at that. I realized that this week due to the help of a friend and I think it was the wake up call I needed.

No comments: